Sweetie Pie’s Pound Cake Recipe
Sweetie Pie’s Pound Cake recipe is a renowned dessert recipe that originates from the famous Sweetie Pie’s restaurant chain in the United States.
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan, ensuring every nook and cranny is covered. You can use vegetable shortening or butter to grease the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy and the color turns lighter yellow. This step helps incorporate air into the butter for the cake to rise properly. The duration will vary depending on the mixer’s power.
- Gradually add the sugar to the butter, beating at medium speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, turning to a fluffy white color.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears after each addition.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. The batter should be smooth, and any bits of flour should be well incorporated. If there are lumps, gently stir with a rubber spatula to get rid of them.
- Stir in the almond extract and vanilla extract to add flavor to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan, ensuring it is spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a long wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pound cake from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- It is recommended to preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC) before starting the recipe for the best results.
- Soften the butter at room temperature for about 30 minutes before beginning the recipe.