Salmon Croquette Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounce) pink or red salmon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
Cookware and Utensils:
- medium skillet
- measuring cup
- medium mixing bowl
- As always, the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Drain juice from salmon. Pour salmon into a medium bowl and using a fork break salmon apart into small pieces.
- Add onions, beaten eggs, cornmeal, salt and pepper to taste, mix thoroughly. Shape the mixture evenly into four cakes or patties.
- Heat the butter or oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Brown salmon croquette patties on both sides, 3-5 minutes on each side. Serve your salmon croquettes hot.