Sweetie Pie’s Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Sweetie Pie’s Mac and cheese is a creamy, cheesy, delicious macaroni and cheese from a famous St. Louis soul food eatery! It is hard to turn down comfort food like this one. Try it and you’ll see what I mean.
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 (12 ounces) cans of evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 lb Colby cheese
- 1/2 lb Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut in chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon whiter pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded American cheese or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Put pasta in 9 by 13 dishes and set aside.
- Mix milk and eggs well.
- Add the butter and Colby, Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar, and Velveeta cheeses to the pasta.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the pasta.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining cups of American or Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.