Special Neck Bones Recipe Detail
Special Neck Bones Recipe belongs to the category of soul food recipes. Soul food is a cuisine that originated in the Southern United States, particularly among African Americans. It is known for its rich and flavorful dishes, often made with affordable ingredients and traditional cooking techniques.
- 2 pounds of Pork Neck Bones (plain, not smoked)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Rinse your meat with cool water.
- Place your neck bones in your baking pan, with the bone down.
- Season your meat with the seasoning salt and minced onion.
- Pour the water into your pan, covering the meat, and bake it at 375°F (190°C) for 35 minutes.
- About 30 minutes into cooking your neck bones, start making your gravy. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a saucepan or skillet.
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat until hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add 1/4 cup of flour. Cook the flour until it reaches a nice brown color.
- Take your neck bones out of the oven and uncover them. Carefully add the cooked flour into the pan along with the neck bones, mixing it with the liquid in the pan.
- Sprinkle the leftover flour over your pork to create a gravy.
- Give the pot a few more stirs, then cover the meat and place it back in the oven for 25 more minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!