8 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Stir in mustard and Colby. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in pasta and ham.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden.