Easy Banana Pudding Recipe is a classic dessert popular in American cuisine. It typically consists of layers of vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and vanilla wafers, topped with whipped cream or meringue.
Easy Banana Pudding Recipe detail
- Preparation: Approximately 15-20 minutes
- Chilling: At least 2 hours (or overnight)
- 12 oz vanilla wafers (approximately 1 box), plus more for trimming the bowl
- 4-6 bananas
- 1 box of Jello instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 large 16 oz tub or 2 x 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip (whipped topping)
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, pudding, milk, and vanilla flavoring. Let the mixture thicken.
- Add half of the tub of Cool Whip to the pudding mixture and stir until fluffy.
- Layer the bottom of a trifle bowl or 9 x 13 pan with vanilla wafers.
- Create the next layer by placing 2 or 3 cut bananas over the wafers.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over the bananas.
- Add another layer of vanilla wafers.
- Place the remaining 2 or 3 cut bananas over the wafers.
- Pour the rest of the pudding mixture over the bananas.
- Top the dessert with a final layer of Cool Whip.
- Chill the Banana Pudding in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please note that the chilling time is crucial to allow the flavors to develop and the pudding to set properly.