Fried Chicken Gizzards Recipe
The Fried Chicken Gizzards Recipe belongs to the category of American cuisine. It is a popular dish that features crispy and flavorful fried chicken gizzards. This recipe involves prepping the gizzards, parboiling them, coating them with seasoned flour, and frying them to a golden brown perfection. The gizzards are then drained and served as a delicious main course. Fried Chicken Gizzards are often enjoyed as comfort food and can be served with various side dishes or dipping sauces.
- 1-1/2 pound chicken gizzards
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- vegetable oil
- First, you want to prep gizzards for cooking. Remove gizzards from the container and discard chicken hearts if they’re present. Cut away excess fat and gristle, then wash gizzards thoroughly under running cold water.
- Next, it’s time for the most important step…parboiling the gizzards before frying them. Place gizzards in a pot of cold water, bring water to a rolling boil and continue to boil for about 15 minutes.
- While the gizzards are boiling, prepare a coating mixture for the gizzards. Combine flour and seasoning salt in a paper or plastic bag. Shake well and set the seasoned flour mixture aside.
- Once finished boiling, pour gizzards into a strainer or clean sink and allow them to cool.
- Preheat enough vegetable oil to cover gizzards in a medium-hard bottom or cast iron skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat.
- Thoroughly coat gizzards with seasoned flour mixture and place into hot vegetable oil. Don’t overcrowd the skillet. Cook gizzards on both sides until brown.
- Turn down the heat to medium, then cover the skillet with a lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Once done remove from skillet and allow to drain on paper towels.