- 500g puff pastry , plus flour for dusting
- 2 skinless cooked chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp canned or frozen, defrosted sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp frozen peas , defrosted
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg , beaten
- oil , for brushing
- Ask a grown-up helper to turn the oven on to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and trim to make a rectangle about 24 x 36cm.
- Cut the pastry in half, lengthways, then cut each half into 3 equal squares, about 12cm along each side, using a small knife or scissors.
- Push each square into the oiled tin, making sure it is pushed right into the edges
- Use scissors or a small knife to cut the chicken into strips, then cut into chunks. Put chunks in a bowl. Add the sweetcorn, peas, cream and mustard. Mix together.
- Divide mixture between the pies. Fold the tops of the pies over roughly and press together. Don’t worry if they don’t cover all the filling.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Ask your grown-up helper to put them in the oven for 35 minutes or until they brown and the filling bubbles.