1 tsp sea salt
black pepper to taste
12 slices sourdough bread
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 each sliced vine ripened tomatoes
2 tsp pure olive oil or canola oil
2 cups arugula
2 tbsp (approx) extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Basil mayonnaise (recipe follows)How To Prepare :
1. Season tuna with salt and pepper.
2. Brush bread with softened butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. Toast bread in oven under broiler, remove and hold warm.
4. Heat pure olive oil in non stick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Place tuna in pan and sear approx. 2-3 minutes on each side. This should produce a Medium Rare piece of tuna, simply increase cooking time for a different doneness.
6. Remove tuna from pan.
7. Assemble sandwich in the following manner:
a. One slice of bread
b. Top with arugula, two slices of tomato, and drizzle with
small amount of Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
c. Top with another slice of bread
d. Brush with basil mayonnaise
e. Top with two slices of tomato and piece of tuna
f. Top with remaining slice of bread
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp pesto
Sea or kosher salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well
Season to taste with salt