1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flourPastry Dough:
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoon(s) vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoon(s) (or more if needed) ice water
- 1 package(s) (8-ounce) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) (packed) brown sugar
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Prepare Pastry Dough: In large bowl, combine flour and salt. With pastry blender or using two knives scissors-fashion, cut in the butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with fork after each addition, until dough is just moist enough to hold together. Shape dough into disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight. (If chilled overnight, let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before rolling.)
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 14-inch round. Gently ease dough into 9 1/2-inch deep-dish ceramic or glass pie plate, gently pressing dough against side and bottom of plate. Trim dough edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold overhang under; pinch to form high decorative edge. Refrigerate pie shell until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line pie shell with foil and fill with pie weights, dry beans, or uncooked rice. Bake pie shell 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Remove foil and weights and bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until shell is golden. If shell puffs up during baking, gently press it down with back of spoon. Reset oven control to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cheesecake Filling: In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; beat until blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add eggs, cream, molasses, and vanilla; beat until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl. Pour filling into hot pie shell.
- Bake pie 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is puffed and set at edges but still jiggles slightly in center. Cool pie completely on wire rack, then cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until firm and well chilled.