- 6 cups frozen green beans
- 1 small russet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 5 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot bring water, butter, and chicken stock to a boil.
Add garlic and potato. Boil until potato begin to soften, approx. 10 min.
Reduce heat and add green beans, onions, red pepper, and sugar.
Simmer for 10 minutes or till green beans are tender.