Chocolate Chip Pie
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1 (10-inch) pie shell
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix eggs, butter, sugar, flour and vanilla extract together. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Pour into pie shell.
Bake pie for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
4 TBS. butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cup hot milk
5 1/3 TBS flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup cold milk
- It is suggested that you use a double boiler for this recipe.
- Cook butter and brown sugar for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add hot milk (it is important that the milk be hot but not quite scalded), and simmer until sugar dissolves. Mix salt, flour, and cold milk; add gradually to hot mixture*. Cook for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly ( if you are not using a double boiler, this will not take as long). Beat eggs and pour into hot mixture, stirring briskly as you add the eggs. Cook 2 – 3 minutes on low heat. When thickened, pour into cooked pie shell. Top with whipped cream. Levi recommends licking the beaters
* This is a very old fashioned recipe in that it uses flour instead of cornstarch for thickening. If you find that the flour produces lumps, strain the mixture before adding the eggs.
WHITE POTATO PIE
One 9-inch single pie crust (fitted into a plate, edged and crimped)
2 medium-sized white potatoes (I chose Yukon Gold)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 large eggs, beaten
Makes one 9-inch pie
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the crust and set aside.
Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks, and cook in boiling water until tender; drain. In a medium-size bowl, mash the potatoes and combine with the butter, sugar, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Stir in the milk and cream, stirring until well blended.
Stir in the extracts, then the nutmeg. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour the filling into the pie crust, place in the oven, and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Top each slice with a scoop of lemon-flavored ice cream for added flair and extra flavor. The illustration in the cookbook showed the pie garnished with thin lemon slices.
1 package Grill Mates zesty herb marinade
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup ketchup
2 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wing drummettes (thawed, if frozen)
Mix Marinade Mix, vinegar, oil, ketchup and red pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Add wings; toss to coat evenly Cover.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
Grill over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently. Or, bake at 400°F in 15×10-inch baking pan for 30 to 35 minutes.
Notes: These wings deliver the winning flavor! Grill Mates® Zesty Herb Marinade is the perfect short-cut to great taste with crushed red pepper providing the kick.